Hy-Vee is celebrating the American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout™ event.
We know quitting is hard, but you can increase your chances of success with help. According to the American Cancer Society®, getting help through counseling or medications can double or triple the chances of quitting successfully.
Here are some local resources available:
- Hy-Vee Quit for Good™ program: Group classes, the most successful model for smoking cessation, led by a trained Hy-Vee pharmacist with medication incorporated into the program. E-mail Kaitlin for more information.
- Nicotine replacement therapy: You will find nicotine gum and lozenges in our Hy-Vee pharmacies. These products help prevent withdrawal symptoms by providing low doses of nicotine.
- Prescription drugs: Let your physician know your plans to quit, discuss the options for prescription drugs to support your quit plan, and then make Hy-Vee your preferred pharmacy.
- Community resources: Olmsted County Public Health Services has published a resource list HERE.
- National resources: The American Cancer Society® has more information on quitting HERE.
When trying to quit smoking, support can make all the difference. Hy-Vee is here to support you and the Great American Smokeout™.