The Rochester Hy-Vee stores hosted a Wish List Drive for the Women’s Shelter on Saturday, June 3.
Women’s Shelter, Inc. assists victims of domestic violence and their children by establishing and maintaining a facility that provides temporary shelter and supplies to those who seek help.
Volunteers staffed tables at all four stores, greeting customers, handing out wish lists and recruiting donations.
At the end of the event, the Women’s Shelter gathered a total of $554 in cash and gift cards in addition to 26 packages of diapers, 48 packages of baby wipes and 86 personal care products.
None of this could have been possible without the help of Hy-Vee’s generous customers.
by Kaitlin Anderson, Community Relations Coordinator
Hy-Vee supported the American Heart Association’s annual Go Red for Women luncheon in Rochester last week. Our sponsorship included a donation of 47 floral centerpieces to decorate the auditorium and two vendor booths to educate attendees about heart-healthy foods and promote F&F clothing. Continue reading “Hy-Vee at Go Red for Women Luncheon”
One of our goals at Hy-Vee is to make our community more sustainable.
Through our involvement in national charitable organizations and local initiatives, it’s clear our stores and employees are passionate about participating in their communities, which is demonstrated through strong financial support and product donations, as well as volunteerism. But none of this would be possible without the help of our customers.
As we reflect back on 2016, we want to thank our customers for their support of our top five community campaigns:
- Rochester Hy-Vee stores partnered with Women’s Shelter, Inc. to collect baby supplies for
victims of domestic violence and their children, Feb. 3 – 16. During the two-week donation drive, Hy-Vee successfully collected diapers, baby food, infant formula, toiletries, clothing, toys and laundry supplies. Women’s Shelter, Inc. assists impacted women and their children by establishing and maintaining a facility that provides temporary shelter and supplies to those who seek help.
2. Fresh Funds was developed as a way for Channel One to provide its clients with fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy products. Fresh Funds is a cooperative partnership between Hy-Vee, Channel One and community members who choose to purchase the vouchers as a donation to their local food shelf. During the month of March, the Rochester Hy-Vee stores raised a total of $3,974.60.
3. In honor of June Dairy Month, Rochester Hy-Vee stores partnered with KEMPS on the Great American Milk Drive. During the month of June, Hy-Vee customers were invited to donate a half or full gallon of milk at checkout. Funds raised were turned into 6,965 vouchers for FREE MILK distributed to Channel One clients. After the vouchers expired, Hy-Vee and KEMPS worked together to deliver over 5,000 half gallons to the food shelf.
4. In honor of Veterans’ Day, Hy-Vee customers were invited to Round Up for the Homefront. The Round Up program allows customers to round up their grocery bill to the next dollar, with the proceeds going to support organizations that serve our nation’s military veterans and their families. The Rochester Hy-Vee stores raised $5,551.73 through the Round Up campaign.
5. The inspiration behind the Balloon Brigade was to make the holidays happier for children undergoing treatment in our community. December 1 through December 11, customers were invited to donate a balloon valued at $5, $10 or $15 at checkout. Then, on December 19, a team of Hy-Vee helpful smiles delivered a grand total of 1,467 balloons to children at Mayo Clinic, St. Mary’s Hospital and Ronald McDonald House.
Thank you for helping us support these great charities and many more!
We look forward to making an even bigger impact in 2017.